As an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Specialist at Myatt Landscaping and Construction, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the health and aesthetics of landscapes through effective pest and disease management strategies. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring IPM programs that align with our commitment to sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
Pest Identification and Monitoring:
Identify and monitor pests, diseases, and other plant health issues affecting landscapes.
Utilize various tools and techniques to track pest populations and assess damage.
IPM Program Development:
Develop and implement integrated pest management programs tailored to specific landscapes and clients' needs.
Collaborate with the landscape design and maintenance teams to incorporate IPM strategies into landscape planning and management.
Biological and Cultural Control:
Promote the use of biological controls and cultural practices to manage pests, minimizing the need for chemical interventions.
Educate teams on preventive measures and landscape modifications that discourage pest infestations.
Chemical Application and Monitoring:
Safely and responsibly apply pesticides when necessary, following all relevant regulations and best practices.
Monitor and manage pesticide use, ensuring compliance with safety guidelines and environmental regulations.
Client Education and Communication:
Educate clients and stakeholders on IPM principles, practices, and the importance of sustainable pest management.
Address client inquiries and concerns regarding pest management, offering expert advice and recommendations.
Record Keeping and Reporting:
Maintain detailed and accurate records of pest monitoring, IPM activities, and pesticide applications.
Generate regular reports summarizing IPM efforts, successes, and areas for improvement.
· A.A.S. or B.S. in horticulture or related field (preferred)
· Previous experience in IPM, pest management, or related roles within the landscaping or agricultural industry.
· Knowledge of local pests, diseases, and plant species prevalent in the region.
· Strong understanding of environmentally friendly pest control methods and practices.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to educate and collaborate effectively with diverse teams and clients.
· NC Pesticide Applicator’s License, or ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire
· NC Driver’s License with clean record
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping and Construction, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee can further their training and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
· Starting pay of $18-$25 per hour, paid weekly
· True overtime paid after 40 hours/wk
· Full-time, year-round employment (no layoffs in winter)
· Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Retirement program with 3% match
· Positive work environment
· Company events and training/certification opportunities
· Free onsite gym facilities
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.