Myatt Landscaping is seeking a dependable, methodical, inquisitive, detail-oriented person who loves technology and numbers to assist with our landscape construction and installation estimating process. S/he must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, in an organized manner. S/he must be able to take direction well, and be able to quickly prioritize and accomplish objectives to meet deadlines. This would be an excellent entry-level position for a horticulture or construction graduate, an experienced estimator, or a great opportunity for an experienced field worker to step into the business side of landscaping. S/he should have a strong interest in construction and landscaping, and take initiative to learn more about materials, plants, and methods.
What you would be trusted to do:
- Measure take-offs on plans using Planswift software
- Assist in preparing project estimates
- Collect bids from subcontractors
- Assist in picking up plants and job materials
- Update plant inventory at the shop
- Scanning, filing, typing, and general office support
- Other duties as needed
To be successful, you will need:
- A.A.S. or B.S. in horticulture or construction-related field OR 3 years of industry experience (or combination of both)
- Related industry certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of both landscape and hardscape installation practices
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Familiarity with common NC landscape plants preferred
- Basic math skills, including calculating volume, area, percentages, ratios, etc.
- Good computer and technological skills (Microsoft Office, BOSS LM, Planswift, use of large-format printers, scanners)
- Current NC driver’s license and clean driving record
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping & Construction, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
- Competitive salary of $45,000-55,000 per year
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.