We are looking for a male or female crew leader who loves highly detailed landscaping and working with people. The ideal candidate will ensure that each property is kept at the highest standards every week, will identify and resolve or report issues immediately, and will maintain excellent records of crew hours and materials through our software system. The Crew Leader must be able to speak professionally with clients, assist in training new employees, and supervise, delegate, and work alongside crew members.
Crew Leader Duties:
The Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader will lead and train a crew of 2-5 crew members in all landscape maintenance activities such as (but not limited to): edging, trimming, mowing, mulching, pruning, aerating and overseeding lawns, fertilizing, watering, irrigation system maintenance, and general clean-up of client properties. The Crew Leader should be able to identify common plants, weeds, pests, and beneficial insects, and should be able to identify plant health care issues for follow up. This role will be responsible to work with managers to ensure materials are loaded, equipment is properly maintained, issues on properties are resolved in a timely manner, and other responsibilities as needed. Exceptional time management, leadership, and communication skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Valid and clean NC drivers license
- Experience in using all equipment to maintain landscapes professionally
- Proficiency in pruning
- Basic plant identification skills
- Turf and weed identification skills
- Proficiency in mixing and spraying herbicides (pesticide license is a plus, but can be obtained after hire)
- Proficiency in scouting and reporting plant health care issues
- Ability to lead and teach others
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with technology and documentation (iPads, timesheets, etc.)
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping Concepts, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
- Full-time, year-round employment (no lay-offs in winter)
- Competitive hourly pay of $16-20/hr
- True overtime paid for hours worked over 40/week
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program with 3% match
- Company events and training/certification opportunities
- Free onsite gym facilities