Myatt Landscaping and Construction is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on, and extremely competent leader with excellent communication skills to manage high-end landscape installation and construction projects. The ideal candidate would be a passionate landscape professional with significant landscape installation/construction experience, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty every single day. They would be highly skilled in operating heavy equipment such as loaders, mini excavators, tractors, and dump trucks, as well as all landscaping hand tools. A strong background in construction methods, drainage, and horticulture, as well as basic knowledge of irrigation systems and low voltage lighting systems with a desire to be the best at what they do is a must. They would be responsible for managing 6-10 construction employees as well as handling relationships with other Myatt employees, property owners, architects, property developers and subcontractors. The selected candidate will be instrumental in fostering a culture of positivity, developing employee skills and knowledge, and maintaining our excellent reputation for high quality landscapes. Our team members are a direct representation of the company, so integrity and ethical behavior are a must.
The selected candidate would be trusted to handle multiple business aspects including:
- Administration—Meet and communicate with property owners, architects, developers, and subcontractors proactively, handle any issues, ensure that trucks, equipment, and paperwork are neat and organized.
- Production—Open and close the work day with the crews, operate machinery and hand tools while also delegating tasks to crew members, provide guidance and assistance to the crews, manage quality on the job site, scheduling, timesheets, managing the allocated job hours, hourly billing reporting, and project closeout.
- Construction—Read blueprints, set grades, layout hardscape and landscape elements, pour footings, and schedule and manage subcontractors.
- Horticulture—Ensure that plants and sod areas are installed correctly, and are of the highest quality
- Human Resources—Assist with weekly safety training, and conduct 45-day, 90-day and yearly performance reviews for all assigned crew members, enforce company policy, and mentor all direct reports.
- Mechanical—Perform weekly maintenance and coordinate repairs on equipment as needed.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- A.A.S. or B.S. in horticulture, construction, or related field (preferred, not required)
- 5 years of industry experience in a landscape construction role, with at least 2 years in a leadership/management capacity
- Knowledge of landscape, construction, and safety best practices
- Experience in BOSS LM or other project management/scheduling software
- Current NC driver’s license and clean driving record (or ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to modify plans in the field to accommodate existing site conditions and communicate these changes with the owner and architect
- A portfolio of completed projects with details is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and crews simultaneously and efficiently
- Availability to work some Saturdays
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping and Construction, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
- Competitive salary of $50,000-$70,000
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program with 3% match
- Company events and training opportunities
- Onsite gym and kitchen facilities