We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative multi-tasker to manage our recruiting, retention, marketing, and training programs. The successful candidate must be able to find new and innovative solutions to the labor shortage facing our industry. Networking and building relationships with local schools and organizations as well as representing the company on a national level is a big part of the position. Must be able to manage internal programs aimed at improving retention and engagement of current employees. Candidate must be self-driven with excellent time management skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the recruiting pipeline for all divisions and locations of the company
- Find creative solutions to drive interest among applicants
- Network, attend, and host recruiting events
- Manage performance review process and provide paperwork for managers.
- Track retention and turnover metrics and report monthly to CEO.
- Manage company programs and events such as the monthly photo contest, referral program, Food Truck Rodeo, company newsletters, etc.
Training / Development
- Prepare training materials to for weekly employee training and special topics as needed.
- Onboard new management and office staff.
- Maintain a calendar of continuing education and certification courses and exams and assist employees with registration.
- Represent the company at state and national-level trade organizations, such as NCNLA and NALP.
- Create content and implement and maintain a strong online presence across all social media outlets.
- Manage website, job photography, and blog posts
Qualifications and Skills
- Effective conversational, public speaking, and written communication skills .
- Must have an understanding of the landscape industry and the ability to promote the company’s culture and standards.
- A BS or AAS degree in Horticulture, Agricultural Education, or a related field is preferred for this position.
- Background in recruiting or human resources in a plus.
- Must have an understanding or ability to learn all NC labor and hiring laws and Human Resource procedures.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and also work within a team setting.
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to work across multiple software platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Canva, Buffer/HootSuite/Later, MS Office, etc.
The above statements are provided for a general overview of this position. They are not to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position.
- $45,000-$50,000 / year
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program
- Onsite gym
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping & Construction, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.