Horticulturist / Groundskeeper
We are looking for an autonomous, knowledgeable horticulturist with an eye for detail and exceptional time management skills to care for all horticultural and grounds management aspects of one high-profile site in the Raleigh area. The successful candidate will be well-versed in the care of trees, shrubs, perennials, and annual flowers, including pruning, deadheading, integrated pest management, mulching, fertilizing, and other seasonal tasks to be performed in all types of weather. The candidate must be a strong communicator, able to interact with the public, the client, and provide updates and reports to the main Myatt office. Ability to operate all tools and equipment safely is a must.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Horticultural Science OR industry certification such as NCNLA Certified Plant Professional, and at least 2 years’ experience in maintaining complex horticultural gardens or landscapes
- NC Pesticide Applicator’s License, or ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire
- NC Driver’s License with clean record
- Ability to perform all aspects of seasonal care for the property including but not limited to: pruning, weeding, mulching, pest management, hand watering, fertilization, flower installation and care, leaf removal, clean up trash and debris, snow and ice removal
- Excellent knowledge of pruning techniques for shrubs and small trees including structural, aesthetic, and corrective techniques based on season and plant type
- Strong working knowledge of integrated pest management techniques including pest ID, beneficial insects, chemicals, non-chemical methods, sprayer calibration, and proper record-keeping
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including hot, cold, rainy, windy, and snowy weather.
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping & Construction, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.