We are looking for dedicated team members who want to expand their experience and grow their careers with our exceptional team at Myatt Landscaping & Construction. Here at Myatt, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential & commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we aim to build lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and some have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
The Irrigation Technician will work independently (or with a crew as needed) to maintain residential and commercial landscape irrigation systems. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with strong organization and communication skills. The service area will be the triangle-- Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, and the surrounding areas.
Our ideal teammate would be someone who:
- Shows up on time every day
- Has a great attitude and is willing to learn
- Behaves in a professional and respectful manner
- Follows directions
- Can communicate clearly with home owners and property managers
- Can document all working hours as well as materials used on a daily basis
- Can stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and twist throughout the day
- Has a valid and clean NC driver's license
- Has a minimum of 1 year of experience as an irrigation technician
- Has a working knowledge of turf and ornamentals, and the water requirements of each
- Can troubleshoot and repair most irrigation issues
- Can program controllers
- Can set up and operate rain sensors
- Can perform start-ups and winterizations
- Is backflow certified (preferred) and can perform repairs on poppet or bonnet backflow preventers
- Can repair Poly & PVC pipe and irrigation mainlines
- Can perform basic repairs, replacements, and adjustments on head valves (spray, gear, impact)
- Can perform copper soldering
- Can troubleshoot and make minor repairs to 120V electrical systems
- Can troubleshoot and repair low voltage landscape lighting systems
- Is willing to work in other departments in months that irrigation is not being utilized
We will provide...
- Starting pay of $15-25 per hour, paid weekly
- True overtime paid after 40 hours/wk
- Health/vision/dental/life insurance offered after 90 days
- Paid vacation and paid holidays after 90 days
- Retirement program with 3% match available after 1 year
- Opportunities for education and advancement
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you!