We are looking for a horticulturist with design skills to assist our team in evaluating the landscapes of our current clients and creating plans for improving overall landscape quality, upgrading current plantings, and designing new landscape elements to enhance the properties. The successful candidate must be able to look at a landscape, identify problem areas, suggest the best solutions, and write very clear, detailed reports. Design skills must include selecting the right plants for the right place, including trees, shrubs, perennials, bulbs, and annuals, and the ability to clearly convey a vision to clients and other Myatt staff through sketches, plans, or computer graphics. Familiarity with landscape lighting systems and irrigation is a plus.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Background in horticulture or related field (A.A.S. or B.S. preferred)
- Strong knowledge of landscape best practices
- Must be very familiar with landscape plants, pests, and diseases of North Carolina
- Design portfolio (including graphics and photos, if possible) must be submitted with application
- Must be able to produce estimates for designs created
- Must be able to manage installation of enhancements in the field
- Familiarity with writing invoices and answering billing questions from clients
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Current NC driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong decision-making ability
- Competent in use of computers and technology (MS Office, Google Workspace, able to learn new software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competitive salary of $45,000-$60,000 Looks good based on your research.
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Retirement program with 3% match
- Company events and training opportunities
- Onsite gym and kitchen facilities
About our company:
Here at Myatt Landscaping Concepts, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential and commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster lasting relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and many have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!