Do you love working with your hands? Being outside? Learning new things and being challenged every single day? Maybe you want to protect the environment, or contribute and make a difference in your community, or maybe you just enjoy a good workout. If this is starting to sound like you, keep reading…
Here at Myatt Landscaping Concepts, we are dedicated to being the best landscape company possible. Period. We specialize in the highest-quality residential & commercial landscaping and grounds management services, and we seek to foster long-lasting positive relationships with our clients AND our employees. We want our company to be a safe, highly professional, yet fun place to work, where every employee has the opportunity to further their training, and follow a clear career path to achieve their goals. About half of all the managers at Myatt started out as entry-level crew members, and some have been working here 15 years or more. You could have a life-long career with Myatt too!
The Turf and Ornamental Spray Technician will work independently (or with a crew as needed) to treat turf and ornamental beds for pests and disease. The Spray Technician will be responsible for tasks such as diagnosing plant health problems, mixing and applying chemicals in accordance with the labeling, recordkeeping in accordance with pesticide regulations, calibrating and maintaining equipment, and communicating effectively with managers and clients as needed. Exceptional time management and recordkeeping skills, working knowledge of turf and ornamental plants, and proficiency in basic math skills are required to be successful in this role.
Both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Our ideal teammate would be someone who:
- Shows up on time every day
- Has a great attitude and is willing to learn
- Behaves in a professional and respectful manner
- Follows directions
- Can communicate clearly with home owners and property managers
- Can document all working hours as well as materials used on a daily basis
- Can stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and twist throughout the day
- Has a valid and clean NC driver's license
- Has a valid NC Pesticide Applicator’s license
- Has a minimum of 3 years' experience as a spray technician
- Has a working knowledge of turf and ornamentals
We will provide...
- Starting pay of $15-25 per hour, paid weekly
- True overtime paid after 40 hours/wk
- Health/vision/dental/life insurance offered after 90 days
- Paid vacation and paid holidays after 90 days
- Retirement program with 3% match available after 1 year
- Opportunities for education and advancement
If you're looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization dedicated to an exceptional product, superior services, and investing in its team members, then we look forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.